Copyright 2002 T. Sheil & A. Sheil All Rights Reserved
Included here are numerous Layouts. Each heading below has one or more track plans for HO Trains. Sizes range from 4' by 8' and larger, except for a 2' by 12" layout which is of necessity narrow. We have illustrated each layout as best we can. Since brands of track and availability vary, you may have to alter your actual plan slightly. You will not have to make major adjustments, however. All of these plans offer you a full range of model railroading action and opportunities for adaptation, expansion and superb scenery work.
Note that some track plans have reversing tracks. Reversing tracks must be insulated from the main line and wired differently. Wiring will depend on which device you use to control the track, as each has its own instructions. The Atlas Controller is an example, in that it includes the device and everything you need to know to wire it properly for smooth operation. We have made certain to indicate the very, very few instances where reversing tracks exist in e layout.
1) Point to Point Railway for 4' by 8'
2) 5 New 4' by 8' Point to Point Railways from One
3) Two 4' by 8' HO Switching Layouts
4) Four Classic Oval HO layouts for 4' by 8'
5) Oval and Siding Layouts for HO
6) Relaxed Freight Shunting Layout for HO
7) Classic HO Loop & Siding Layouts
8) Long 4' by 10' Pierside Railway Layouts for HO
9) Basic Oval Layout with Passing Siding
10) Long Semi-Dogbone Type Layouts
11) Long Two-Track Semi Dogbone Layouts
12) Dogbone with Wye and Sidings
13) Dogbone Layout with Two Branchlines and Sidings
14) Dogbone Switching and Shunting Layouts
15) Large L-Shaped Layouts.
16) Simple Semi-Dogbone Railway Layout for HO
17) 2' by 12' Shelf Layout for HO
18) Big Trolley Layouts for HO
19) Large Portside Facility Railways
20) Massive Portside Layouts for HO
Click here to return to All Gauge Model Railroading main page